mail from IRS

Question:  My mother passed away with no assets — no house, no life insurance, no savings, etc. What do I need to provide to Medicaid so they stop sending notices about recovering benefits paid to the nursing home? There is nothing to recover.

Answer:  This will depend on the state, but a simple letter explaining the circumstances should do the trick. If the notices have a number to call on them, you might try calling too. The call itself may solve the problem or the person you engage may be able to explain the appropriate steps to take in your state.

© 2019 MATTHEW L. MERCER | Attorney at Law

15 Franklin Street
Westerly, RI 02891
Tel: 401.315.2702
Fax: 401-315-2703


Disclaimer: The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers in the general practice of law, but does not license or certify any lawyer as an expert or specialist in any field of practice. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer / client relationship.