Question: I have an adult son who receives both Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Medicare. Is there an interstate agency that assists with moves from one state to another so my son will not lose eligibility for government benefits?

Answer: We are unaware of an agency that would help in this way. However, the SSDI and Medicare benefits your son receives will stay in place no matter where he moves since these are federal programs. An attorney in the state you are relocating to should be able to assist, and I would recommend talking to one. A list of attorneys can be found by clicking here.  For more on moving with government benefits, click here.

Write a comment:

You must be logged in to post a comment.

© 2015 MATTHEW L. MERCER | Attorney at Law



Disclaimer: The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers in the general practice of law, but does not license or certify any lawyer as an expert or specialist in any field of practice. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer / client relationship.