Question: I needed to have surgery while I was negotiating the establishment of a Medicare Set-Aside to hold funds from a workers’ compensation claim.  Now both workers’ comp and Medicare are refusing to pay for the bill.  Who pays?

Answer: From the facts stated, it appears that Medicare is probably responsible for this claim, but the claims process can be arduous.  We recommend that people in this situation work with their insurance servicing organization to resolve the claim with Medicare, and if this does not work, they should contact an attorney who specializes in lien resolution.

For more on Medicare Set-Asides, click here.

Write a comment:

You must be logged in to post a comment.

© 2019 MATTHEW L. MERCER | Attorney at Law

15 Franklin Street
Westerly, RI 02891
Tel: 401.315.2702
Fax: 401-315-2703


Disclaimer: The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers in the general practice of law, but does not license or certify any lawyer as an expert or specialist in any field of practice. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer / client relationship.